Welcome to Floridatown Baptist Church
We are a community of believers that meets in the Milton/Pace area of Pensacola Florida. At Floridatown Baptist Church (FTBC) you will find a gospel-driven community of believers committed to bringing glory to God through biblically based worship, preaching and relationships. We’re glad that you’re here. We invite you to spend some time getting to know us, and we hope that you’ll come away from this site encouraged to join us at FTBC this week.
- Bible Study – 9:30 am
- Sunday Service – 10:30 am
- Sunday Evening Service – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday Bible Study and Prayer Meeting – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday GA’s and RA’s – 7:00pm
Staffed children’s nursery provided during main Sunday service.
Spiritually, and most importantly, we are a Christ-centered family whose lives have been transformed by the truth and grace of God. While we are still far from perfect people, we seek to help each other live according to the truth that God has given us in His Word. In so doing, it is our deepest desire to fulfill our ultimate purpose – bringing glory to God.
Historically, we were established in 1956, our history goes back to when Milton was truly rural. Our original church still stands beside our current sanctuary, as does the second Floridatown church. In 1990, FTBC moved into our current worship center. While we look backwards with great fondness, we believe our wonderful heritage lays a foundation for an even more prosperous future!
Denominationally, we are a Southern Baptist church. That means that we are in friendly cooperation with other Southern Baptist churches. The principle areas in which this cooperation is demonstrated is in our united efforts for missions and theological education. While we do cooperate with non-SBC churches, the level of cooperation depends upon the level of our agreement on important theological and cultural issues. In other words, our level of participation will correspond to our level of agreement.
Theologically, we are a Bible-believing church. We seek to hold conservative beliefs while still being a loving and gracious people. We do believe that God’s Word is the only true and trustworthy guide for all areas of life. From the Bible, we derive our principles for living.
Why not just be an independent church?
We ARE an independent church! Every SBC church is completely independent. We voluntarily affiliate ourselves for the purpose of accomplishing the Great Commission. There is no denominational control or hierarchy, as there is in most other denominations. Each church is self-governed and determines its own affairs. For example:
- Every SBC church chooses its own pastor.
- Every SBC church owns its own buildings and assets.
- Every SBC church determines its own programs.
What are the advantages of affiliating with the SBC?
- It allows us to identify ourselves with other Christians around the world who are known for their commitment to the Bible. Unlike other groups, the SBC has no man-made creed… the Bible is our sole authority.
- It allows our church to participate in the largest missionary organization in the world. Through the SBC’s “Cooperative Program,” we help support over 9,000 career missionaries in 125 countries.
- It allows us to be a part of a tremendous mobilization of church members around the country. About 100,000 Southern Baptist each year participate in short-term mission and disaster relief projects, at home and abroad.
- It allows us to be a part of training, through our six seminaries, about 12,000 pastors and others each year who are called to vocational ministry.
- It allows us to be a part of the LifeWay Christian Resources, the largest publisher of religious materials in the world. Orders come from over 70 countries around the world.